Vodafone Speaking Phone
Technology can change the world and make our lives easier. That's what Vodafone Speaking Phone does as well, for visually impaired people.
Using real voice technology, Vodafone Speaking Phone can be activated in compatible handsets and announces to the users any information appearing on their mobile handset’s screen.
The service offers visually impaired people an easy access to Vodafone services, whether voice or content services, making their daily communication easier.
RESTART by giving a "voice" to your mobile!
Tell me more, tell me more…!
If you are interested in the Vodafone Speaking Phone service, you have to:
- Be or become a Vodafone subscriber.
- Have or get a compatible phone device.
- Apply for the service in a Vodafone store.
- Install the relevant application on your mobile.
Please note: Since 01/10/2007, the service has been updated (Version 3). So, if you already have the 2nd edition and you want the new one, you not only have to be a Vodafone user but you must have a compatible phone device as well.
- Vodafone Speaking Phone service is provided for free up to 2 times, to users who bring the necessary supporting documentation to a Vodafone store, which will prove that s/he is visually impaired; i.e. in case the phone device is lost or broken, the third time of the service’s activation (including the first registration) will be regularly charged.
- For users who already have the 2nd edition, their mobile will have to be reset for free up to two times, in order for them to get the 3rd edition - after providing the necessary supporting documents.
- Other users (not visually impaired) who would like to have the Vodafone Speaking Phone service will be charged once with 186,07€ incl. VAT.
- In case the phone device is lost / broken or needs to be repaired (the service, i.e. the licence key, is already installed on the device) and the user wants to re-activate the service, if s/he belongs to the visually impaired category, s/he will have to bring the necessary documentation and apply for registration again, in order to get the software’s licence key for free.